I have also reviewed the “Suggested Policies” arrived at in my absence. I do see the apparent inclusion of several suggestions I have made at previous discussions, but, still without the developed details for practical, affordable, more timely implementation. They are trying to build a Community Service Structure starting at the 3rd floor ,ending at the 5th. No mortar to hold it all together and no aspirations for a higher view:
(2) The architecture is devoid of sound humane engineering: the educational principles that assure success in developing one’s fullest human potential by way of guided progress through manageable, essential and sequential needs, and skills.
(3) It lacks the mortar to integrate and secure cooperation and collaboration between services already being provided by various agencies and individuals.
(4) No inspirational view to which they can aspire. The recommendation's highest level & goal is for the homeless to be able to maintain four walls and a roof with a minimum wage job. The BtBS plan both inspires and compels participants to discover talents and develop avocations as part of a fulfilling life of service. It's goal is to empower all to secure a quality of life, beyond marginal, for him/herself, while contributing, also, to the enrichment of the community at large.
(5) The logistical design of the internal structure of community services with the homeless should be a good fit , decided by the members of the community it is serving, NOT decided FOR them by agencies and politics with other agendas.
(6) The residents on the ground floor of this structure are denied their human dignity of earning their home and opportunities through community service working toward becoming community assets.
Community Pizza and Party
There has been much interest expressed in this Initiative. Now is you opportunity to look it over and consider to what degree you wish to be in on this Ground Breaking Concept.
Below is a copy of the "Recommended Policies" coming from the last and culminating Community Leader Dialogue meeting, last week, created in my absence.